Community of Global Trade Champions
We want to encourage business across the region to engage more internationally and ensure they are prepared up to and after the Brexit transition period has ended. We believe that by doing this, all Global Trade Champions will also benefit within their own business.
What is a Global Trade Champion?
An individual or company representative
- That wants to create links to do business overseas
- That is actively pursuing import and export opportunities
- That wants to share their knowledge to help others conduct business outside of the UK.
What does a Global Trade Champion do?
Trade! We want all relevant businesses to be able to trade internationally from January 2021 once the Brexit transition period is over. Here are some of the ideas of where our global businesses can contribute:
- Be business-ready to trade / take your international trade journey to the next level
- Bring expertise to other businesses in our region by offering advice, contacts and resources
- Provide input into the needs and interests of your business to identify the right type of international growth initiatives
- Explore trade opportunities in new markets through local market access support and sharing country and sector experiences.
Views and opinions will be sought by survey, poll, discussion, roundtables, meetings etc. and can be supplemented by engaging with the monthly Chamber Export Club and International Sector.
Benefits of being a Global Trade Champion
You will be armed with the latest documentation, systems, and processes to make effective trading a reality, with access to qualified specialists.
You will gain an insight into the typical B2C and B2B distribution channels, and practical advice on selecting and establishing agreement with local market agents and distributors.
You will receive regular updates on how Britain’s trade policy relationships will impact your business.
You will be able to provide input to any new ideas or activities around conducting global trade, including Trade Missions and Trade Shows.
You will be an active part of the global trade community, changing our future for the better – together.
This initiative is brought to you by the Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce and is free to join. You do not need to be a member to be a Global Trade Champion (but you are very welcome to be!)