Networking is key to individual and company development. Businesses network to develop relationships with people and companies they may do business with now, and in the future. These connections help to establish rapport and trust among the business community. The Chamber provides many opportunities for members to widen their network of business contacts through building opportunities and maximising the benefits of being part of Cambridgeshire’s most vibrant business network.
- Opportunity to attend over 150 events a year
- Join our social media groups
- Links with national companies providing business services at exclusive rates to Chamber members
- Enhance your credibility by displaying our ‘member of’ logo on your website and business stationery.
Chamber membership can help support your organisations marketing mix with a range of opportunities to promote your business and reach your goals. Inform, persuade and remind people about your products and services and enhance your brand through advertising, sponsorship, exhibitions, speaking opportunities, and sharing your news, events and special offers to the Chamber Network.
- Discounted advertising rates in connected magazine
- Upload your news articles, events and member offers to the Chamber website for free
- Sponsorship opportunities to showcase your services and raise your profile
- Host an event or meeting to showcase your business
- Advertise job vacancies on the Chamber website
- Be found by other Chamber members with a free listing on our online member directory.
We’re your gateway to international trade, providing a unique combination of expert knowledge, essential documentation and the business connections needed to develop existing markets, capitalise on new market opportunities overseas and succeed in a global marketplace.
- A programme of international trade training courses that culminate in the nationally-recognised Foundation Award in International Trade
- Expert seminars and workshops to help you evaluate new markets
- Exclusive half price shipping from DHL
- FREE foreign exchange health check and discounted foreign exchange from exchange experts Moneycorp
- Eligibility to enter the Chamber Global Awards.
Additional benefits for Global members:
- Online access to Tate’s Export Guide, the leading international trade reference publication
- Discounted export documentation processing fees
- 10 free documentation rejections per year
- One hour of on-site documentation assistance from the International Trade team
- Additional discounts on our translation service
- Ask the Chamber and seek advice and expert opinion from our International Trade team on export and country requirements
- No processing fee on Arab documentation applications.
The Chamber collates and shares knowledge and information to help all businesses to succeed and grow. We help you to stay up-to-date with changes to local developments and activity, and government policies.
- Sector driven events and seminars
- Free HR advice line and support
- Access to 600 downloadable documents
- Free Health & Safety review for your business
- Free membership session to ensure you are making the most of the benefits and opportunities available to you
- Significantly discounted online health and safety training.
Chamber membership, through our Chamber Protection Package, provides access to key information, expert advice and legal protection, enabling you to stay informed, legally protected and free to focus on what you do best – building your business. You are protected by a comprehensive legal expenses insurance policy covering business and employee cover across 11 sections, with up to £100,000.00 per claim and £1,000,000.00 in the annual aggregate, plus there is no excess to pay.
- Employment disputes
- Health and Safety prosecutions
- Tax protection – HMRC enquiry, aspect enquiries, PAYE disputes and VAT disputes
- Criminal prosecution defence
- Statutory licence protection
- Property disputes
- Data protection
- Personal injury
- Motor disputes
- Wrongful arrest defence
- Jury service allowance (£100.00 per day / £1,000 per claim).
As a Chamber member you have the power to influence key decision makers and play a leading role in tackling the issues that are preventing your business from reaching its potential, while an experienced team of lobbyists represents your interests in Whitehall.
- Raise issues affecting your business through your local Chamber committee
- Complete our quarterly economic survey to ensure your views are represented in the results each quarter
- Contribute to national debates
- Lobby local MPs on matters of local, regional and national economic interest.