Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce AGM notice
October 5, 2021
Notice is hereby given that the eighteenth Annual General Meeting of the Cambridgeshire Chamber of Commerce and Industry will be held at the Old Bridge Hotel, Huntingdon on Thursday 25 November 2021 at 9.30am for transaction of the following business:
- Approval of the report of the Directors and the financial statements for the year ended 31st March 2021.
- Re-election of Directors;
In accordance with Article 54 of the Articles of Association of the Company, Josephine Evans, Brian Jones, Shaun Hindle and Stuart Searle who were elected as Directors by members at the November 2018 Annual General Meeting offer themselves for re-election for a further 3-year period until the November 2024 Annual General Meeting.
- Election of Director;
Harvey Bibby who was co-opted to the Board of Directors in September 2021 offers himself for election as a Director for an initial three year period until the November 2024 Annual General Meeting.
- Re-appointment of Azets Audit Services Limited as auditors of the company.
- Authorising the Directors to determine the auditors’ remuneration.
That the Articles of Association of the Company be amended as follows:
- Addition to Article 19 – General Meetings of Members:
Nothing in the Articles prevents a general meeting being held either as a general meeting held and conducted by physical attendance by Members at a particular place (a physical meeting) or a general meeting held and conducted by both physical attendance by Members who attend and participate by electronic means without needing to be in physical attendance at that place (a ‘hybrid meeting’).
The Board shall in its discretion determine whether a general meeting is to be held as a physical meeting or a hybrid meeting.
- Article 44 – Board Membership – revised as follows:
‘The Board shall consist of:-
- The Chair who shall be elected by the Board from their number.
- The Chief Executive.
- Five individuals who are nominated annually by Ely, Fenland, Huntingdonshire, Cambridge, and Peterborough and Stamford, Chambers of Commerce.
- Three individuals nominated by the various sectors of the Chamber.
- Up to five individuals nominated by two Members prior to the Annual General Meeting
- Article 45 – Board Meetings – additional clause:
‘All or any of the Members of the Board or all or any Members of any Committee may participate in a meeting of the Board or that Committee by means of conference telephone or any communication equipment or electronic communication which allows all persons participating in the meeting to hear each other. A person so participating shall be deemed to be present at the meeting and shall be entitled to vote or be counted in a quorum accordingly.
Decisions or resolutions of the Board may also be made or effected by a resolution in writing.’
- Article 57 – Chief Executive – an additional sentence stating:
‘The Chief Executive when a Director is excluded from retirement and re-election provisions.’
- Article 74 – Minutes – additional clause:
‘A resolution in writing signed by respectively all the Directors or all Members of any Committee who are entitled to receive notice of a meeting of the Board or of such Committee shall be as valid and effectual as if it had been passed as a duly convened and constituted meeting of the Board or such Committee.’
- Article 77 – Accounts – additional clause:
‘At the Annual General Meeting each year the Board shall lay before the meeting a proper income and expenditure account for the previous financial year together with a proper balance sheet for the same period.’
The Directors Report and Financial Statements for the year ended 31 March 2021 are available on the members’ section of the Chamber website.
A proxy form can be downloaded from the members’ section of the website; this must be returned by email or post to the registered office, 48 hours before the meeting.
By order of the Board
Clifford House, 2 Station Yard, Oakington, Cambridge CB24 3AH