February 26, 2020
We are thrilled to announce we are joining forces with the Cambridge-based Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) to fight the spread of child sexual abuse images and videos online.
Every five minutes, the IWF – the world’s leading body tackling online child sexual abuse imagery online – identifies content on the internet showing a child being sexually abused. We’re working with them to beat the harmful side of technology by helping them to develop and harness cutting-edge tools to stop the repeat victimisation of those abused in childhood.
Last year, the IWF assessed the highest number of reports to date, finding and removing record amounts of child sexual abuse content from the internet.
Together, we recognise the growing scale of the problem, and are determined to use technology as a force for good.
We can make a real difference here if we all work together and help the IWF make a real impact.
You can support the IWF in a number of different ways:
- Join as a corporate member and gain access to their cutting-edge technical tools whilst standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the world’s leading tech titans
- From raising critical funds, to gifts-in-kind or building awareness, there are a host of ways your company, organisation or college can partner with the IWF supporting their work to rid the internet of child sexual abuse
- Make a single or regular donation personally to the IWF online or by texting FIVE, TEN or TWENTY to 70460 to donate £5, £10 or £20* and help a victim of child sexual abuse
- Spread the word to colleagues and friends about the first IWF Cambridge Hackathon on 12 March. Programmers, coders, developers or anyone with great technical skills is welcome to help the IWF develop new tech tools for their analysts to use in the fight against child sexual abuse online. Sign up here
- Buy tickets for their exclusive Gala Dinner at Corpus Christi College in Cambridge on 12 September 2020. Rub shoulders with the who’s who of Cambridge society over a sumptuous three-course dinner and plenty of opportunities to show your support for this remarkable charity.
More information about all of the ways you can support IWF can be found at iwf.org.uk/every5minutes. Alternatively, to support the IWF’s ‘Every 5 Minutes’ campaign with marketing, social media posts or auction lot donations for their Gala Dinner please email Thomas Dyson on firstname.lastname@example.org
*Texts cost one standard rate message + the donation amount. UK residents 16+ only. Please ask the bill payer’s permission. Registered Charity No. 1112398