Leading recruiter to showcase ‘new way of working’ at B2B event
November 20, 2023
After an absence of four years, one of the region’s most prestigious business events is back – with key involvement from Anne Corder Recruitment.
The Peterborough-based agency will be heading to the 2023 Chambers of Commerce Cambs B2B event later this month.
An important date in the business calendar, Cambs B2B will be held at the Duxford Imperial War Museum near Cambridge on November 22.
Business leaders and representatives from around the county will have the chance to find out about today’s ever-changing recruitment environment.
Anne Corder Recruitment’s Managing Director, Nel Woolcott, will be among the speakers – showcasing the businesses’ forward-thinking collaborative approach to SME recruitment.
Promoting a ‘one-stop-shop’ when it comes to meeting the needs of SMEs, the ConnectWork initiative – developed from feedback given by existing ACR clients – takes into account the challenges businesses currently face.
Nel explained: “We’re hearing more and more from our clients how difficult it is to hire, that time to hire is expanding, cost to hire is increasing, and the impact on SMEs is extreme.
“And it’s not just time and money that are the issues; the strain and stress on team members covering the extra work is high, and the impact it might have on productivity and your customer service is undoubtedly negative.
“The cost of having the wrong person in a role in terms of hard cash is massive, but there are also huge hidden costs that can impact a business even more.”
Nel added: “It’s our aim to support local SMEs in their recruitment with practical advice and solutions, and we’ve developed ACR ConnectWork to do just that.
‘It’s a brand-new way of working that focuses on successful recruitment, yes, but much more on creating the opportunity for successful retention.”
In addition, ACR are especially thrilled to be sponsoring the ‘People and Productivity Zone’ at the event, and is hosting some amazing speakers, including:
- Katie Allen, a specialist Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Consultant, Executive Coach and TEDx speaker. With decades of experience in people and culture, and commercial leadership positions, Katie is now on a mission to change the world of work by enabling a new wave of inclusive leaders who are confident to have the real conversations that matter.
- With a background in psychology, Phil Allen has spent over 20 years developing leaders and has worked with a wide range of organisations, quickly building trust and a deep understanding of how people respond to learning.
Cambs B2B is aimed at bringing the business community together within Greater Cambridge, to:
- Enable businesses to reach new audiences
- Bolster local trade and opportunities
- Share experiences to enable our businesses to thrive
- Discuss local issues
- Help make the community work.