Championing Business: Lockdown Implications for Businesses
What support are you entitled to?
Join our Championing Business event tomorrow where we’ll be covering the recent Government announcements on:
- Extending the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme further, until the end of March
- Not paying the Job Retention Bonus in February but instead redeploying a retention incentive at the right time
- Increasing the third self-employed grant, covering November to January, from 55% to 80% of trading profits
- Cash grants of up to £3,000 per month for businesses which are closed in England
- £1.1 billion for councils in England to further support businesses more broadly over the coming months
- Extension of existing loan schemes to the end of January and an ability to top-up Bounce Back Loans
- An extension to the mortgage payment holiday for homeowners
- Providing councils in England with up to £500 million of funding to support the local healthcare response
- Over £200 billion on VAT relief, business rate relief, loans, tax deferrals, and support for individuals.
Speaking will be John Bridge OBE DL, Chief Executive of Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce and Julie Wilkinson from Wilkinson Accounting Solutions about the changes to loan schemes and financial implications.
We also have key local authority personnel joining us – Adele Gritten, Business and Economic Development Lead at South Cambridgeshire District Council, Fiona Bryant, Strategic Director at Cambridge City Council, and Tom Hennessy, Chief Executive at Opportunity Peterborough, will advise on the grant schemes that are available and give a brief overview of the wider Combined Authority business support.
Come along with your thoughts; we want to hear your views.
How to book
Register here > http://afx.one/bbc22084