Mental Health First Aid POSTPONED
We are delighted to be working with ABC Life Support to deliver this one-day Mental Health First Aid course. As a business owner, managing a team can take most of your time. In the midst of a pandemic, developing your links with clients and building your business, would you know how to spot the signs that one off your staff is struggling with their mental health?
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis. MHFA will not teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
Adult MHFA courses are for everyone aged 16 upwards. This course will be delivered by Tony Sigrist who is a quality assured instructor who has attended the ABC Life Support Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health and is trained to keep people safe and supported while they learn.
What will I learn?
• Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations, and discussions
• You will gain practical skills to give you a deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgmental listening
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support.
How will attending an MHFA course help?
Research and evaluation show that taking part in an MHFA course raises awareness and mental health literacy, reduces stigma around mental ill health, boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues and promotes early intervention.
Mental Health First Aid – one-day course
How to book
Payment is to be made at the time of booking.
Chamber members can book this event online using a credit or debit card, simply follow the instructions below.
For more information or to book a place as a non-member please contact Zoe McCabe Brennan, Events Co-ordinator, on 01223 237414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org including your company name, all delegate names and job titles, and a contact telephone number.
Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce Clifford House 2 Station Yard CB24 3AH
Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce