Why Skilled Worker Immigration Compliance is Crucial for Cambridge Businesses
Compliance with immigration system rules is critical if your company employs anyone under the Skilled Worker Visa system. If you fail an inspection, you can lose your licence and your workers.
Following Davidson Morris’ successful Lunch & Learn session with Cambridge Network in March, this event will build on that to cover what you need to know to stay on the right side of compliance checks and how your company can benefit from a well-managed sponsor licence.
The UK has adopted a new immigration system and according to the latest government statistics, the number of work visas issued was higher in the year ending June 2022 than in any year since records began. The vast majority of work visas issued in 2022 went to non-EU nationals, with the scale of non-EU work migration rising by nearly 80% under the new system. This is partly due to the liberalising of the Skilled Worker visa and the end of EU free movement.
With the number of licenced sponsors being higher than ever and constantly increasing, compliance is a significant factor in retaining your licence.
* An increase in the number of applications by a growing pool of semi-regulated businesses is likely to lead to lower-quality applications and trigger closer inspection by immigration authorities. There is a historical precedent for this.
* The increase in applications will also place the immigration authorities under pressure, increasing delays. Any application that is less than perfect risks refusal and failure to adhere to regulations can mean the loss of your licence and valuable staff members.
Come and learn how to protect your licence!
In our informative Lunch & Learn session, Davidson Morris Immigration Solicitors, will provide an overview of the new immigration system and highlight what existing license sponsor holders need to know to protect their license. They will cover:
Skilled Worker Visas for Growth
* What is a sponsor licence?
* The key visa routes open to businesses.
* How Skilled Worker Visas can help your business grow.
* How to adopt Global Business Mobility in your business.
Immigration Compliance – what you need to know
* What is immigration compliance and why is it important?
* The processes you need to have in place to retain your licence.
* What happens when it goes wrong and you fail an inspection?
* Are there alternatives to being a licenced sponsor?
12:00pm : registration over coffee
12.15pm: Presentation and Q&A
1.15pm: Lunch and networking
2:00pm: Event ends
About Davidson Morris: Davidson Morris is a national leader in immigration law, with a strong representation in Cambridge. We are the specialists Cambridge businesses rely on. https://www.davidsonmorris.com/ . Cambridge Network would like to thank Davidson Morris for working with us to hold this event.
Cambridge Network members may attend at a cost of £10+VAT
Non-members may also attend this session at a fee of 15+VAT
Allia Future Business Centre King's Hedges Road Cambridge CB4 2HY
Allia Future Business Centre