CISCO NETWORK ENGINEER
£24,000 to £30,000 (based on experience)
You need to be able to demonstrate the following core competencies with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
FLUID are looking for a qualified and experienced Network Engineer with the right personal qualities to join our small and highly successful team, as we see this as important as the direct experience of the technical requirements. We will be looking for evidence of these core competencies during the selection process if you are short listed.
*Customer focus *Building effective business relationships *Proactive communication skills *Team player *Creativity and innovative *Organisational systems and processes knowledge *Technical expertise and experience *Self-motivated.
Please submit a covering letter and C.V. to demonstrate your capabilities in relation to each of the criteria indicated below:
- Formal IT Training such as Cisco CCNA/CCNP and MCSE.
- Experience of configuring and installing various network devices and services, such as: routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS.
- Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Providing Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Understanding of WAN, LAN and Wi-Fi concepts and technologies.
- Experience of completing Wi-Fi surveys.
- Experience in carrying out general admin duties to the network infrastructure and providing IT support within a commercial environment.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to convey ideas and offer IT solutions to colleagues.
- The ability to support non-technical customers and explain complex IT concepts in simple terms.
- Proven hands on network engineering experience.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and work to deadlines.
- The ability to perform a variety of general admin tasks on various network vendor products.
- The ability to troubleshoot a variety of IT-related issues and resolve user issues.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to provide concise documentation.
- Ability to work on own initiative and make balanced decisions.
- An understanding of IT trends and capabilities.
- A positive “can do” attitude and flexibility
- The ability to quickly learn new operating procedures and maintain established systems.
- Approachable with good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with staff at all levels.
- A commitment to delivering quality customer service to customers.
ADDITONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements.
- Ability to travel across the UK to customer sites.
This person specification is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties. It is not exhaustive and we would be pleased to discuss any constructive comments you may have. Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business, this person specification may be subject to change. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this person specification, and according to the needs of the company.