Projects Officer & PA
Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce
This is a great opportunity to join Cambridgeshire’s leading business networking organisation, which uniquely supports its membership within this important area of the UK economy. Our role as a leading business network is to play a critical part of the support companies of all sizes need, especially around the recovery from lockdown and all the changes following the UKs departure from the EU with international trade.
We are one of 53 accredited British Chambers of Commerce and you will be working alongside an outstanding team which covers the whole Cambridgeshire region.
You will be Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive, and deal with projects that arise on his behalf. You will work from the Chamber office in Oakington with some flexible working from home possible.
The role will represent our members across the Cambridgeshire region with projects and policy matters.
- Represent members on a variety of local groups including the local Chamber committees
- Contribute to the BCC consultation on national policy papers
- Liaise with other Chambers and the BCC to lobby on behalf of members on various issues
- Liaise with Marketing to ensure that we respond to the media on any issues relating to local business
- Distribute policy papers from BCC to members, gather their views and feedback to the BCC
- Prepare and distribute papers for the Chamber Board meetings
- Take up issues on behalf of members with relevant organisations
- Provide a PA service to the Chief Executive including managing and responding to emails, co-ordinate his diary including collating papers for meetings
- Keep electronic calendar updated. Use of flag system for timely reminders and deadlines
- Ensure any parking, restaurant, travel and accommodation reservations are made as required. Record mileage and expenses for CEO together with receipts
- Attending events and meetings as applicable on behalf of the Chief Executive.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous policy experience
- Previous PA experience
- Able to communicate with people on all levels
- Strong business acumen
- Full UK driving licence and suitable car insured for business use
- Ability to have a flexible approach to working as some events are out of normal working hours.
All applications to be received by Monday 24 May. We reserve the right to close for submissions prior to this date and retain received applications on file for a period of 90 days following this deadline to consider other appointments.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate please provide a full CV and covering letter that tells us why you would be a great addition to our team. Email email@example.com to apply.
Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, race, ethnic origin, religious beliefs or disability.