Technical Support Specialist
22k - 26k+
Biorbyt is now seeking a new member for both R&D work and supporting customer with technical queries. Reporting to the CEO this team member will take ownership of technical support within the company, managing enquiries and cases from end to end. In addition, the team member will assist in the R&D efforts of creating novel ELISA kits, conjugation antibodies and proteins to our dye portfolio, and be involved in new strategies. This is an office based role. You will be responsible for providing in house technical support for customers and distributors alike in consultation with our manufacturing partners and lab based in China. Additionally, there is opportunity to assist our marketing team with management of our social media output and other content-based marketing tasks.
With our main business focused on supply of primary antibodies and ELISA kits, this is an excellent opportunity for a commercially-minded scientist to move into a customer focused scientific role. We offer the opportunity to use your scientific skills and experience whilst gaining commercial experience and an understanding of how the industry works in a fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial company.
– Provide technical product support to customers via email through our CRM system and over the telephone
– Provide technical support for all distributors globally and supply them with technical data as requested
– Manage customer complaints acting as lynch pin between customer and manufacturer to resolve the matter to customers’ satisfaction
– Ensure all relevant customer information is entered onto the company’s CRM system
– With the assistance and direction of the CEO, set up, validate, and optimize ELISA kits. This involves sample handling, standard curve preparations, microplate analysis on our microplate reader, automating workflows, and protocol optimization
– Following established protocols, conjugate antibodies and proteins to dyes such as FITC, cyano, biotion, or HRP. Evaluate novel dyes and optimize protocols
(please note the above list is not exhaustive and should be used as a guide only)
– Wet lab skills essential. Preparing serial dilutions, buffers, manual pippeting, centrifugation, spectrophotometer analysis, weighing low mass samples
– Excellent multi-tasking skills, as tasks vary
– Thorough computer skills to work with our CRM, inbox, and various ecommerce solutions
– Good communications skills to explain
Work Experience & knowledge:
– Knowledge of WB, IHC, IF and ELISA techniques both theoretical and preferably practical.
– Preferably 1-3 years lab-based experience in a pathology, biochemistry or similar environment.
– Practical experience in other standard laboratory techniques.
– High level computer skills to switch between applications
Degree in life sciences preferred but will consider a candidate with relevant laboratory experience.