How stepping up your marketing in 2021 can boost your business
January 12, 2021
Marketing in 2021 may continue to look a little different, as we wait for the return of face-to-face networking, live promotional events and physically getting in front of customers.
However, there are a number of easy-to-implement ways to step up your marketing to increase leads and get you and your business in front of a wider digital audience.
Rebecca Knight, account manager at Media Matters PR and digital marketing specialists in Peterborough, has some tips to help you take your inbound marketing to the next level.
- Turn to automation for smarter email marketing that’s always on. If someone enters your database, via email sign up or by downloading content, placing them into an email sequence before passing the lead to sales can help you understand their motivations in more depth. Think about segmenting your email marketing lists too as sending targeted emails can increase engagement and conversions, as can split testing your subject lines.
- Create a content marketing strategy supported by keyword research and analysis of your competitors’ activity. This can help you stay on track. Make sure your content marketing in 2021 is 100 per cent in tune with your target audience, given the current economic challenges, and test different content types to capture interest and enquiries. Anything from case studies, experiential landing pages, e-books, and whitepapers to polls, surveys and blogs. Don’t forget to share on your social media channels too.
- Set some key objectives for 2021 and what you want to have achieved by the end of the year, whether it’s more followers, higher conversion rate or increased engagement. Plan ahead by using social media scheduling platforms such as Loomly, Hootsuite or Facebook Creator Studio to manage and plan your social media themes throughout the months, quarters and year and, again, keep you on track.
- Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising can be invaluable to businesses looking to drive high-quality, targeted marketing leads. Thorough keyword research and a joined-up user experience can yield impressive returns on investment and keep your pipeline topped up. Ensure your online advertising campaigns are tagged and fully tracked so you can attribute inbound leads to this.
Account-Based Marketing (ABM)
- If you have had your eye on a key account for a while, target it with an Account Based Marketing campaign. Review and potentially create new personas for 2021 as clients may be facing new challenges in the face of the pandemic. Use your industry expertise to create insight videos or a podcast, to act as a key lead magnet – the sky’s the limit with ABM and it’s a great chance to get creative.
To find out more, read Rebecca’s blog www.mediamatters-pr.co.uk/blog/21-marketing-tips-to-maximise-lead-generation-in-2021 or visit www.mediamatters-pr.co.uk